L'uso di questo sito
autorizza anche l'uso dei cookie
necessari al suo funzionamento.
(Altre informazioni)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Racket

This leader  of the Economist reminds me of Dino and Luigi Vercotti of a classic Monty Python skit (Army Protection Racket)

"You've got a nice country here, Argentines. We wouldn't want anything to happen to it. it would be a shame if...'Cos things break, don't they? International credit breaks, things catch fire..." 

One hopes that, in the same fashion, an officer in charge would stand up:

"No, no this is silly. The whole premise is silly and it's very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I haven't had a funny line yet. So I'm stopping it."

However, I'm not holding my breath for this to happen: after all Dino and Luigi were funny. The article is not.

No comments: